The small fruit fly, Drosophila suzukii, is a polyphagous pest that attacks all fruit and vine species, in particular soft fruit (cherries, plums, apricots, plums, peaches), berry fruits (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries) but also kiwis, persimmons and grapes.
The females of these insects lay their eggs by penetrating the skin of ripening fruits. As a result of their bite, sunken patches appear on the fruit, leading to fruit rot.
For this purpose, ISI Trap offers an effective and environmentally friendly solution: the ISI Trap small fruit fly trap.
Recommendations for use
- Pour the entire contents of the natural attractant into the trap.
- Close the transparent lid (which allows you to monitor the situation inside).
- Hang the trap for Drosophila Suzukii in the shade, on branches with fruit, or directly on the ground to protect fruit growing on the ground (e.g. strawberries).
Monitoring: 1 trap every 10 trees or 20 m.
Mass trapping: 1 trap per tree (5 m linear)
- Wait 2 days for the solution to become active.
- After about 2 weeks, or if necessary, empty the contents and repeat the operation from the beginning.